Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

I am very RARELY at a loss for words - March 20, 2011 Web Conference

I am very rarely at a loss for words. My family, friends, co-workers, and students would verify this fact.

However, after last night's web conference...all I can say is, I don't know what to say.

However, this blog is going to focus on the benefits of Web Conferencing for Leaders.
First, of all, despite the glitches, it was fun! Web conferencing, to me, is more engaging than the standard Faculty Meeting. I have been to very few Faculty Meetings that I can honestly say I enjoyed. They have not, for the most part, been engaging, and active. They have been a very passive situation. However, with Web Conferencing, the participants, by the nature of the conference are actively involved and engaged.

Another benefit is one of time. One can web conference anywhere, at any time. In our web conference, I noticed one individual sitting in their recliner. Another was sitting their daughter on their bed...but they were all participating and were engaged. So web conferencing saves time, resources, and opportunity.

I believe a web conference format would be a great way to have a faculty meeting. You wouldn't necessarily want to do it for every meeting, but occasionally it would be a fun and informative way to meet with the staff.

All in all, I am looking forward to more web conferencing!

No comments:

Post a Comment